World of Work
Student resume sample
The Student Resume Sample will help those applicants who want to gain valuable work experience before graduation.
Correct Student Resume Sample
Desired position: English translator
Desired income level: 50 thousand
Date of birth: 14.06.2000
Accommodation: Moscow, m. “Voykovskaya”
Ready for business trips. Not ready to move.
Phone: +7 (9хх) ххх-хх-хх
Email: [email protected]ххх.ru
Key knowledge and skills:
- High-quality translation, while maintaining the original meaning.
- Translation of legal, artistic, and technical texts.
- Experience in compiling and maintaining glossaries.
- Working in professional translation software.
List here the skills and knowledge that will help to present you as a professional in your field (albeit a beginner) in the eyes of employers. Make sure this information matches what is listed in the Education and Work Experience sections.
- Took III place in the All-Russian competition of literary translation (2019).
- Completed an internship at English Learners and received good references in recommendations.
- Took 1st place in the English Language Olympiad at Moscow State University (2018).
It is important to indicate as many achievements as possible related to the desired vacancy. It is worth mentioning awards, certificates, participation in competitions and olympiads, etc.
05.2019 – 07.2019 Internship, English translator
Babylon Translation Agency
Industry: Publishing institution
- Translation of legal, technical, and marketing texts.
- Work in programs for proofreading and translation of texts.
- Compilation and maintenance of glossaries.
07.2019 – 10.2019 Trainee
English Learners Center, Moscow
Field of activity: educational organization
- Conduct and participate in meetings with native speakers.
- Compilation of booklets and translation of the necessary documentation.
- Promotion and participation in the development of the project.
Since you do not have enough work experience (or none at all), it is recommended that you include any activity in this section that indicates aptitude. Side jobs, internships, personal projects, university internships – all of these are excellent proofs that you are ready to take a responsible and active approach to a new job.
2017 Language Center Yes
English courses, certificate
n. in. – 2021 Moscow State University, Moscow
Specialty: “English translator”, higher education
Enter here information about your education, including various courses or tests that have helped improve your qualifications. If you have not completed your studies yet, please indicate the year of your expected completion.
Foreign languages: English – advanced level (C1).
PC knowledge: confident user (MS Office, SDL Trados Studio, Wordfast Pro, Oddjob, Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor, Memsource editor, Linguistic Toolbox, Xbench).
Recommendations are available upon request.